JRD Industries is a Ship Recycling Yard,
What we do at JRD in addition.
- We have built a separate block with RO based clean drinking water facility, adequate number of toilets and a resting area for the workers.
- Another building houses the accommodation for supervisors and also contains some of the largest and most well equipped Training and Medical rooms in Alang.
- Because the yard is completely covered with concrete in all the processing and storage areas, there is virtually no dust in the yard . The atmosphere is probably the cleanest possible.
- Workers are given two paid breaks of about half an hour during the 8-10 hour working day.
- Completely free medical facilities for any need , whether caused by work or otherwise is available to all supervisors and long time workers.
- These people are treated with respect and courtesy along with best in class wages. Many workers /supervisors in spite of being temporary , will prefer to stay at the villages when we have no ship at our yard.
- Permanent Staff are with us for decades. We have many father -son -uncles working together at our plot and perhaps , this is a material endorsement of our facility by people who spend their lives working in it.
- Residential accommodation with canteens for all workers
- Concretisation of the entire yard
- Construction of ramps and purchase of heavy duty cranes to ensure that all sections are taken directly from the ship to impermeable flooring . The felling of blocks in the intertidal zone is eliminated.